( Read more... )
( Read more... )
Showmasters have just (read: a few hours ago) posted saying that they have booked the first guest for The Hub 3. Lord help me. The Hub 2 hasn't even started yet and I've already, mentally spent another few hundred pounds. Bad Allieandra.
My theory is that I'll probably get at least some money for my 21st so I'm okay to spend a few hundred pounds like that *snaps fingers*.
Anyone else wanting to join me??
No idea when/where it is yet. Or who the guest is but I so regret not going to the first Hub that I don't want to be in that situation again. Although The Hub 3 will probably mean no Hallowheden. Might still do Utopia in June though, either that or Collectormania.
*Is hyper and needs to sleep*
- Going to see Friday 13th tonight at 11.35pm. Late night horror flick at the cinema? Hell yeah!
- Was reading Son Of A Witch yesterday whilst waiting for my Materials Lab. Finished page 186 (or there abouts), looked at next page to find out it was page 263. Brilliant. No pages had been ripped out. No gap in the spine. No missing pages elsewhere. Safe to say wasn't impressed. Did no one else who had read that copy notice? Will be having a trip to the library to complain/inform them. Thank god for eBooks. Albeit with different page numbers.
- Dr Black was running said Materials lab and asked me to stay behind and speak to him. I was thinking 'oh fuck'. It obviously showed as he went on to explain he wanted to discuss mix designs for my dissertation. The new baby (Grace) is making it difficult for him to keep up with what everyone's doing and it's worrying him.
- When discussing this he said to me 'Rachel spotted your nails'. Shit. Fuck. and all the words inbetween. I was trying to think up a way of politely saying 'if you're about to tell me to cut my nails I'm doing a different dissertation'. Luckily this speech was not needed. Apparently if I'm comfortable with working with long nails (why would they be long if I wasn't?!) then they would take special precautions so I could use the machinery. *pumps fist in air*
- Still need to book hotel for Avenue Q. Someone remind me to do that later.
- 8 and a bit days til my first con! Wooooo
- Why is everything the same weekend? Leeds Unis summer ball. Collectormania. Utopia. probably Bramham Horse Trials. I wanna go to Utopia as Gareth David Lloyd and James Moran are doing it. But with that being the saturday and london it wipes out pretty much everything else. Collectormania is the entire weekend and is in Milton Keynes. assuming spatch wants to do the entire weekend. There's no one I wanna see at that so far. Bramham Horse Trials is Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun. Normally just do Sat/Sun unless is brilliant weather and then I burn badly on the Friday! Only made it to three years so far. Actually might be four as I think one year I just did the friday. That would still allow me to do the Summer Ball -assuming other people want to go. My final year at uni but most people are staying on for another year and Katy Perry isn't likely to make my friends want to go. Hmmm decisions, decisions.
Gold ticket booked
Hotel booked and then cancelled - share arranged
Train tickets booked
new camera - probably
it to be March now
more spending money
On a much happier note; I'm going to see John Barrowman in concert on my 21st! on my own but at least I won't have my friends getting my family to do Cossack (sp?) dancing in the kitchen again...
Also going to see JB 5 days after my birthday. Not obsessive. Not at all. My reasoning is that I didn't get to see him on his last tour so I'm going twice to this one!
Soooo excited about the Hub 2. Now all I want is for JB to go aswell. Please. I know it's the day after your birthday but need RL Janto-y goodness! *Happy Sigh*
Off to see The Zutons tonight with Jennie :D gonna be good I hope
First the Woo: Just booked a ticket, a Gold ticket to The Hub2 convention in march! Torchwood here I come :D
Now the Boo: Uni Work. Brains gone all one track atm and I have a 9 page essay to write.
1) Outline the purpose of the railways and provide a recent historical review of its development.
*opens new page* *stalls* err yeah. railways are to get places on. like the torchwood con. yeah, and meeting gareth, and john. yes definitely trains are good. cept wen they're not.
Yes I can really submit that.