Old Camera: Fujifilm FinePix A900. Really dreadful. Takes ages to take photos with or without flash. With flash the image is all streeky (see Franz Ferdinand photos). It only really works in good daylight (holiday photos) and even then the settings need messing with. Image stabaliser doesn't work. If you've seen my Gareth David Lloyd photos you'll know what I mean.
New Camera: Canon PowerShot SX110 IS. So far it seems amazing. Obvoiusly I've not taken it to a gig yet, or really ventured outside in the snow but I have taken photos from my window of moving objects (collared doves) and stationary features in the garden. Tried both Manual and Automatic settings with a range of full (10x) to no zoom. Everyone came out well. Dispite shaking hands and being taken through glass it has already outclassed the Fujifilm by miles.
Looking forward to my trip to London on Friday/Saturday. Going to touristy things between theatre productions to test out the camera further. The 8gb memory card I bought should last me for a long trip too which is good.
Need to figure out what to wear for the rest of Jennie's do. Bit cold for a dress.
Stolen from put_that_away , who's not actually someone I know. We've exchanged comments a few times but that's it! Wanted a distraction from researching my dissertation topic and hey presto new post spotted that looked kinda interesting.
Basically, you can just ask me anything you like. You can use the things listed above as prompts if you wish, or you can just ask whatever springs to mind, and you can ask as many questions as you wish.
I only changed one of the prompts (number 4 if you're interested) because I thought the prompt 'Drugs' was rather restrictive, but maybe that's just me. You can still use that one if you want though.
*wonders whether anyone will reply*
You know you're a TRUE and ORIGINAL British 90's kid if...
1. You can sing the entire rap to "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air". I can :D
2. You remember when it was actually worth getting up on a Saturday morning to watch Live&Kicking (you know the number - 0181 811 8181!) or SM:TV. Yes to Live & Kicking (and Going Live which preceded it). I remember John Barrowman being on it as well!
3. You had a huge fringe at some point in your childhood. I had a fringe, it wasn't all that huge though
4. You remember reading and watching "Goosebumps". Still have the books
5. You took plastic cartoon lunchboxes to school. I Still have them also
6. You remember the craze of YoYo's and Tamagotchis (and the subsequent banning of them in school). Oh yes!
7. You still get the urge to say "Not" after every sentence. Not. Haha YES! Not.
8. You knew that Kimberley, the Pink Ranger, and Tommy, the Green Ranger, were meant to be. ♥ I did. Kimberley was my fav and I still have power rangers dolls somewhere.
9. You collected Pokémon cards. Yep.
10. You played and/or collected Pogs. Yep.
11. You had a weird alien that lived in gooey stuff in a plastic 'pod' and thought that if you stuck 2 back to back they would have a baby! OMG YES!
12. You watched the original Postman Pat, Fireman Sam and Ninja Turtles (back in the day when they were 'Hero' Turtles). Those were the days. I loved Fireman Sam
13. You remember when the new Beenie Babies were always sold out. I only really collected the free macdonalds ones, do have a few proper ones too
14. You got your mum to buy 'BN' buscuits. No. but 'BN BN doop doop doop doop'
15. You used to wear those stick on earings, not only on your ears but at the corners of your eyes. No, I have real earings
16. You know the Macarena by heart and Saturday Night too. Errr, yeah I do!
17. "Talk to the hand". 'Cos the wrist is pissed' err I mean 'cos the face ain't listening'
18. You remember the time before Literacy and Numeracy hour existed. Do they exist now?
19. You thought that Brain from "Pinkey and the Brain" actually could take over the world. He can can't he?!
20. You remember Bum Bags, they weren't even cool then. Well, yeah I remember them. Who wouldn't?
21. You always wanted to be on Fun House. No I didn't but the car racing bit always looked fun
22. You collected Tazos. Yep
23. 2 words, Spice Girls. Hell yeah!
24. "Clarissa Explains It All" and "Saved By The Bell" were your favourite shows. and Keenan & Kel
25. You wore as many shag bands as you could fit on your arm. Huh?
26. You remember Robbie leaving and Take That splitting up :'( Robbieeeeeeeee :'(
27. You wanted lights in your trainers like the cool kids. I had lights in my trainers. An old couple thanked me for them as they lit the underground staircase for them :)
28. Nintendo was replaced by Super Nintendo (sorry but the Princess is in another castle).
29. Computer screens were black (or green) with white writing. Really?
30. Disney, Coke and MacDonalds ruled the world. *shudders* urgh coke.
31. You thought that "South Park" was hillarious even if you didn't get half the jokes.
32. You had a Nokia 3310 (or really wanted one). I had the 3330 as it was a better colour, and had the internet
33. Michael Jackson was weird but still respected for his music.
34. All the boys had their hair in 'curtains'. Ben from A1 :D
35. Nickelodeon was cool. It was.
36. The Chuckle Brothers were not. They were so uncool they were cool.
37. "Wax on, Wax off." Need i say more? Hu?
38. You wore Addidas 3 stripe joggers or poppers. probably, but I don't know!
39. Nike Air Max and Reebok Classics were 'must have' trainers (and Kickers for school). errrr I don't remember
40. Girls thought blue mascara looked good. I had blue mascara
41. Girls thought hair mascara looked good. I had hair mascara. I teacher borrowed it once!
42. You remember Mr. Motivator. Hehe yeah
43. You had scrunchies in every colour and hair bands with your name on it in glitter. scrunchies but not a named hair band
44. You bought Smash Hits Magazine for the song lyrics.
45. Everyone owned something from NafNaf or Fruit Of The Loom (probably in grey).
46. You ate Spicy Tomato flavour Space Raiders (and they were only 10p!).
47. Tammy Girl was where we got our cool clothes. I kept some of the stuff cos it still fits me!
48. Good Saturday evening telly consisted of "Gladiators", "Catchphrase" and "Noel's House Party". I loved them all!
49. You loved CKone.
50. It's PJ and Duncan not Ant and Dec.
51. Everyone ate Fruit Salads and Black Jacks. I hated them
52. Chris Evans presented everything. He's THE best radio dj. Chris has converted me to Radio 2
53. You had at least one Troll. I still have loads, I had troll pjs too
54. You had / wanted / hated Furbys. I have 2 furbys
55. You remember that "Hooch" was the original alcopop. It was
56. You taped the Pepsi Chart Show.
57. "I know you are, you said you are, but what am I then?" was the answer to all insults. Come on it is the best retort and is fun to use nowadays
58. You shouted "LEG IT!" when running away from something. hehe
59. You wore jelly shoes. mine were high heeled, pink and glittery
60. You loved "Knightmare" and "The Crystal Maze" (which are now repeated on Challege TV!). <3 Crystal Maze
61. You were always singing the theme tune to "Round The Twist".
62. They will ALWAYS be Opal Fruits, not Starbursts. Indeed
63. You had a million gel pens. I do
64. You watched "The Poddington Peas".
65. You remember classic Levi's ads such as "Spaceman" and "Flat Eric". FLAT ERIC!
66. "If you like a lot of chocolate on your buscuit join our Club". mmmm Club mmmm
67. You remember the craze of Sratch and Sniff. eurgh!
68. You remember Sony Walkmans. *nods*
69. You know who Alf is.
70. You waited for TOTP to see who was number 1, especially on xmas day. Yep
71. You wanted to / tried to make Tracey Island. Wanted.
72. You compared football stickers in the playground "got, got, need". Not footy stickers, by lil bro did though
73. Conkers was a serious playground sport.
74. You ever encouraged a chubby friend to do the Truffle Shuffle.
75. You know who loves Orange Soda. Kel loves orange soda
76. You really wanted to meet Dave Benson Phillips. Get Your Own Back! I saw that the other day!
77. You're too sexy for your shirt. Most definitely
78. You still get the urge to dog-pile the weakest person when someone shouts "Bundle". ???!
|What Kind of Reader Are You? |
Your Result: Dedicated Reader
|Literate Good Citizen|
|What Kind of Reader Are You?|
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
Well I wouldn't say I'm obsessive-compulsive as I'm reading a few books at once. One is a weird crime story that's gone round the dinner ladies - my Gran's friends, and yes I appear to be in their reading circle! Another is Necronomicon by H.P. Lovecraft. Pure brilliance but not a book I want to take on the bus to read as it's rather big and leather bound. Started reading RTD's book, it's in emails so easy enough to break from and also too big for on the bus. My other current book is Wicked. Around a third of the way through and I'm loving it. Felt like I got home in 5 mins rather than an hour.
Snob? Maybe slightly. Got into the classics recently and H.P. Lovecraft is THE author to read if you're into sci-fi or 'weird fiction'. Trashy romances just don't do it for me. Not even on a beach. Give me a good murder anyday!
Fad, again maybe. Read the potter books, will probably read Twilight soon if just to see what all the hype is about. Doctor Who books often get taken out of the library but I actually bought one today. Torchwood are always bought day of release and each book seems to be an improvement on the last.
Zavvii's clearance sale is pretty crap and stuff still costs more than HMV and Play. Got a couple of books for £3.50 each so that wasn't bad. They've now joined my 3 piles of 'to read' books that keep growing.
EDIT: it's now 9.30pm and the internet has successfully distracted me from revision. Bad times.
Soo I've been thinking, yeah I know that's dangerous etc etc but I really have. I now want to pass this degree, yes I actually care now! and possibly do a teaching certificate.
hmm Can you see me as a teacher?
John could imagine me as an English teacher, but that was probably only because he had a thing for teachers.
Maths? Probably - I prefer science but how the hell do you do a sex ed class to thirty odd teenagers?!
*Remembers Kerry making Mrs Morgan blush!*
Lots of question marks and exclamation points there *points upwards* indicate more thinking required.
I'm staying in and watch Jools Holland's Hootenanny as I'm still ill. Been a week now. The best possible week to be ill if you ask me. I even missed christmas dinner and have slept through most of the holidays.
Love and Luck
BUFFY and Angel, and Firefly.
Others that I miss include Teachers (UK), and Queer As Folk (US).
I'm also a little worried Torchwood is going to join the list of defunct shows. Dunno why but this move to BBC1 for a 5 episode series has my stomach somewhat knotted, which the break after series 1 & 2 didn't. Please make it to series 4. PLEASE
'M beginning to stress over my NaNoWriMo going so darn slowly. Only got 2363 words. Should have done that in a day and in twenty mins it's day eight. How productive would writting it out of order be as I have a selection of scenes in my head it's just the linkage between them that's going oh so slow.
Gotta start my 6000 word project asap too as it's due in just over two weeks.
My Plans for Nov/Dec
NaNoWriMo - 5000 words
Essay on Railways which I have a feeling should be around 50 pages.
Structural And Stress Analysis problems
Attend a bassillion lectures
Daily two hour bus ride
Sleep? - Maybe not.